A convenient approach to message numerous people at once on Instagram is through groups. There are a variety of circumstances in which you could need to kick someone out of the group, though. Perhaps you’ve lost contact with them or they’ve stopped using their Instagram DMs.
There are various ways to add or remove someone from an Instagram group, regardless of the motive. Learn how to add and remove members from Instagram groups on various devices by reading on.
How to Add or Remove Someone from an Instagram Group on an iPhone
You can realise after starting group chats on Instagram that you neglected to add someone. Fortunately, you can quickly add up to 35 individuals to a group chat on Instagram. You can add anyone you want as long as your group has three or more members. Here is how to use the iPhone app to do that:
1. Tap the symbol that opens Instagram DMs in the upper right corner of Feed. Typically, it resembles a paper aeroplane.
2. Choose the chat that you want to invite people to.
3. Tap the name of the group up top.
4. Tap “Add People” next to Members.
5. Select the people you want to add by finding them and then clicking “Next.”
6. Then click “Add.”
People may be added to Instagram groups just as easily as they can be taken out. If you’re using an iPhone, take the following actions:
1. Launch the Instagram app, then go to the Feed section.
2. Tap the paper aeroplane icon in the top right corner of the Feed page to get to your direct messages.
3. Find the group chat in your collection of direct messages. You might need to go through your list of direct messages if the group chat has been inactive for a while in order to find it. Otherwise, you can enter the group name in the search box.
Once you’ve found it, press it to start the discussion.
4. Touch the navigation bar at the top, where a few usernames are displayed, to access the group’s information. The usernames of group members are listed below.
5. Find the individual in the group chat you want to remove, then click the three dots icon next to their name.
6. Find and select the “Remove from Group” option.
Only when you are the group’s administrator is this feasible. Instagram will give you five alternatives once you hit the three horizontal dots: block, report, limit, remove from the group, and become administrator. If you are a member, you will only be given the three options of block, restrict, and report when you tap on the three horizontal dots. No users can be eliminated by you.
As a member, you must first ask the group owner for admin status before you can remove other members from the group chat. Otherwise, you’ll need to mail the administrator directly to ask for their deletion.
How to Add or Remove Someone from an Instagram Group on an Android
The Android version of Instagram’s app is quite similar to the iOS version. Therefore, the procedures for adding and removing members from Instagram groups are likewise similar. The steps to add users to Instagram groups on an Android device are as follows:
1. Press the Instagram DMs icon in the Feed’s upper right corner. Normal appearance is that of a speech bubble with a lightning bolt in the middle.
2. Go to the conversation that you want to invite others to.
3. At the top, tap the group’s name.
4. Next to Members, click “Add People.”
5. Find and choose the individuals you wish to add, then click “Done.”
6. Hit “OK.”
The following instructions explain how to remove someone from an Instagram group using an Android device:
1. Open the Instagram app, then go to the Feed section.
2. To read your direct messages from the Feed page, hit the DM symbol in the top right corner of the screen.
3. The group chat should be found in your list of direct messages. You might need to look for the group chat in your direct messages if it has been inactive for a while. As an alternative, you can use the search bar at the top to look for the name of the group (if any).
4. Tap the group chat when you’ve located it to access it.
5. Press the navigation bar, which displays a few usernames, to read information about the group. These are the usernames of the group members.
6. Find and choose the three horizontal dots icon next to the username of the person you want to remove from the group chat.
7. Find the “Remove from Group” option, then click it.
Once more, you can only do this if you are the group administrator. If you’re the group administrator, you’ll also see the five options mentioned above. Pressing the three horizontal dots will only present you with three choices if you are a member.
You must first request admin status from the group’s owner in order to delete other users from a group chat while you are still a member. If not, you must send a direct message to an administrator asking for the user to be deleted.
How to Add or Remove Someone from an Instagram Group on a PC
Using a web browser, Instagram also lets you add or remove users from groups. Any PC can be used for this. Using a PC, follow these steps to add members to groups:
1. Use your web browser to launch Instagram and sign into your account.
2. Click the Instagram DMs icon in the upper right corner of the Feed. Typically, it has the form of a paper aeroplane or a speech bubble with a lightning bolt in the middle.
3. Find the chat room you want to invite others to by navigating there.
4. Tap the name of the group up top.
5. Click “Add People” next to Members.
6. Locate and choose the people you want to add, then click “Next.”
Using a PC, follow these steps to remove users from Instagram groups:
1. Log into your Instagram account using your browser.
2. Find the group chat whose members you want to delete.
3. Click the info icon in the conversation’s upper-right corner.
4. Find the user you want to remove.
5. Click on the three vertical dots next to the user’s name to see their profile.
6. “Remove from Group” can be chosen from the menu.
Have Control Over Your Instagram Groups
You may manage who sees the messages and media shared in the group by learning how to add and remove members from Instagram groups. A person who has been kicked out of an Instagram group chat is no longer able to send or receive messages within the group. The individual who was kicked out of the chat can still visit it and see all of the earlier exchanges and modifications.
The notification “admin [username] removed [username]” will appear in the conversation for the user who is being removed. The deleted user will be unable to communicate in the conversation any longer. When the other person has left the conversation, you can delete the chat by choosing “Delete Chat” from the chat’s bottom menu. The group discussion will therefore be deleted from the “Primary Chat.”
Use Instagram groups yourself? Have you ever changed the membership of a group? Please share with us in the comments area below.