One of the most widely used video meeting apps available right now is Zoom. It is adored by users for its adaptability, dependability, and simplicity. It is used by family and friends to talk and exchange stories. It is used by businesses to facilitate team meetings and employee training. The list continues.
However, there are numerous situations in which you might want to modify your Zoom login. It’s possible that you’re using someone else’s computer and need your name to take their place. You might not want your personalised “friends” name to be seen at a business meeting. If you simply included the first letter of your last name, you might even be required to display your whole name. So, how can your Zoom name be changed? Below is the solution.
Regardless of the platform, changing your Zoom name is really easy to do and shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.
Changing Your Zoom Name before a Meeting
Before entering any session, there are three ways to modify your Zoom name (depending on the programme). Utilizing a desktop client, a mobile app, or the website are the available choices.
How to Modify Your Zoom Name Before a Meeting Using the Desktop App
You can modify your username if you’re using the Zoom desktop client. However, it will point you toward a web browser to finish things out. This is how:
1. Tap on the Settings cog in the top right corner of the Zoom desktop client after it is open.
2. In the menu on the left, choose Profile.
3. Then select Edit My Profile.
4. Your regular web browser will open in a new window. Refresh the Zoom Settings page to leave. After that, select Edit next to your name.
5. After making your Display Name edit, click Save.
To update your username if you aren’t able to use a web browser for some reason, follow these instructions:
1. Click on your profile icon in the Zoom window’s upper right corner after starting the desktop client.
2. Select Sign Out in the bottom-most section of the dropdown menu that opens. Remember to close the app.
3. Reopen the Zoom desktop application.
4. To join a meeting, choose it. The Join Meeting screen will be displayed by Zoom.
5. Simply enter the meeting ID or personal link name in the top text box and your selected user name (not your login username) in the bottom text box to complete the process.
6.To start the session, click the Join button.
You are ready once you have finished the aforementioned stages. Choose your username carefully because it will be shown in the meeting. Whatever you desire it to be is possible.
How to Change Your Zoom Name Before a Meeting
1. Go to your profile page on the computer’s file browser after starting it. Once there, select the tiny profile icon in the browser’s upper-right corner.
2. When you choose Sign Out, Zoom will take you to the website’s home page.
3. After that, select Join a Meeting from the upper menu.
4. Click Join after entering the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name.
5. After clicking Join, the Launching page and the Join a Meeting page both appear. In order to verify that you are not a robot, Zoom will ask you to type your name and check the Captcha box there.
How to Modify Your Zoom Name Before a Meeting Using the Android/iPhone Mobile App
By utilising the Zoom software on your Android or iOS device before a meeting, you may effortlessly alter your name. Both operating systems require the same steps.
1. On your Android or iOS device, open the Zoom app. Next, tap the Settings cog in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. The Settings screen will appear, allowing you to view account information and modify chat and meeting preferences.
3. At the top of the screen, tap on the name of your account.
4. After that, Zoom will take you to the My Profiles page. You can modify advanced options there. When prompted, hit the red “Sign Out” button at the bottom of the page.
5. You will then arrive at the Start a Meeting screen. At the bottom, choose the Join a Meeting option.
It will then display the Join a Meeting screen. Put your new name in the text field beneath the Meeting ID in the top text box. Select “Join Meeting” by tapping it.
How to Modify Your Zoom Name in the Middle of a Meeting
Zoom enables name changes during meetings as it is one of the most adaptable and user-friendly video meeting programmes available. Additionally, you can alter it at any time on any platform or device.
How to Change Your Zoom Name via the Desktop App During a Meeting
1. If you are already in a meeting, select Participants from the meeting window’s bottom menu.
2. On the right side of the window, a list of all attendees should show up.
3. Hover the cursor over your name with the mouse, then click Rename.
4. Your current name should appear in a text box that you can see. Remove it, then create a new one. To confirm, click OK.
How to Modify Your Zoom Name Using the Mobile App for Android or iPhone While in a Meeting
1. Similar to the desktop tutorial, we are beginning in a meeting. Your display should be as follows:
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Participants symbol. You will be directed to the Participant’s screen by the app.
3. On the list, look for your name and tap on it. A pop-up showing your username and the option to modify it will be displayed by Zoom. Select Rename by tapping on it.
4. The “Enter a new screen name” frame will show up on the screen. To make the change official, type a new screen name and select the OK button.
Overall, no matter what device is used or when you use it, changing your name in Zoom is a piece of cake. Zoom has a nice feature that allows you to alter your displayed name both before and during the conference by following the instructions above.
Additionally, you can choose a new name for yourself once the session starts; all it takes is a few clicks or taps and a little inspiration. Unless the administrator prohibits it, you can change the username at any moment to reflect your fun and crazy nature or your professionalism.
Can I modify another person’s Zoom username?
If you are the meeting administrator, you should be able to rename another user by selecting More next to their name on the Participants tab at the bottom of the meeting. Enter the new username and save it when the option comes.
In Zoom, I am unable to modify my username. What is going on?
What you are allowed to do and not do during a meeting is mostly under the control of the meeting administrator. If you are unable to alter your username, the administrator’s settings are probably to blame.
In the Zoom web browser client’s Settings, if you are the meeting’s host, you can allow participants to modify their names. Find the Allow participants to modify their name setting by scrolling through the Meeting section. Turn the switch on to activate the function.
Can I change the title of my job on Zoom?
You can edit your title in Zoom if you’ve recently been promoted or if you simply want to let everyone know what your role is.
Leave a Reply